Graphical user interface (GUI) is an important part of interaction, as a voice control. This feature is provided on most tablets and smartphones (iOS and Android), wearable devices and even on laptops (MacOS). In this part, we will introduce examples of GUI for every voice assistant and list of commands.
Google Assistant is an artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant developed by Google that is primarily available on mobile and smart home devices, smart watches and speakers. Unlike the company’s previous virtual assistant, Google Now, the Google Assistant can engage in two-way conversations. Please, find below list of commands for smart home.
- Turn on the lights in the kids’ bedroom
- Are the lights on in the living room
- Dim bedroom lights to 50%
- Change living lights to [color]
- Turn on the hallway camera
- Set the thermostat to 72 degrees
Amazon Alexa, known simply as Alexa, is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon, first used in the Amazon Echo and the Amazon Echo Dot smart speakers developed by Amazon Lab126. It is capable of voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audiobooks, and providing weather, traffic, sports, and other real-time information, such as news. Alexa can also control several smart devices using itself as a home automation system. Please, find below list of commands for smart home and example of GUI.
- “Alexa, turn on the lights” or “Alexa, turn off the living room lights.”
- “Alexa, dim the lights to 50 percent.”
- “Alexa, make the living room lights red” or ” Alexa, turn the lights to soft white.”
- “Alexa, make the kitchen lights a little warmer.”
- “Alexa, raise the temperature 1 degree.”
- “Alexa, set the temperature to 72.”
- “Alexa, lock my back door.”
HomeKit is a software framework by Apple that lets users set up their iOS Device to configure, communicate with, and control smart-home appliances. By designing rooms, items, and actions in the HomeKit service, users can enable automatic actions in the house through a simple voice dictation to Siri or through apps. HomeKit support is also included in macOS Mojave, and can be used on all their devices through Siri and App. Please, find below list of commands for smart home and example of GUI.
- “Hey Siri, I’m home”
- “Hey Siri, turn on/off the lights”
- “Hey Siri, dim the lights”
- “Hey Siri, set the brightness to 50%”
- “Hey Siri, turn off the upstairs light”
- “Hey Siri, set the temperature to 55 degrees”
- “Hey Siri, set my bedroom scene”
- “Hey Siri, make the lights blue in the living room”
- “Hey Siri, is the garage door open?”
- “Hey Siri, lock the front door”